VisionTime from FlexTime enables organisations to deploy flexible working hours giving employees greater control over both their jobs and their work/life balance. VisionTime is a web, mobile and interactive time and attendance system that accommodates many different approaches to the monitoring of working time including:
- Flexible hours
- Shift arrangements
- Hourly paid staff
VisionTime operates over the organisation's computer network using the intranet or internet. Employees can check-in and out locally or remotely using:
- Time terminals
- PIN pad
- Access control readers
Time terminals can be activated via card, RFID or biometrics such as fingerprint readers, hand biometrics or face recognition.
There is no limit to the number of times a person can clock-in or out – so the system is capable of capturing miscellaneous recordings during the day.
Through the system’s interactive workflow programme, employees can also:
- Submit updates via PC which is approved electronically by supervisor
- Call up own activity reports and advise where they are going and when they will return
- Enquire about other staff to check cover levels before electronically requesting time off
- Swap shifts with colleagues
- Check-in/out documents or property (eg laptops)
Work from home
VisionTime enables staff to clock-in and out when working from home. VisionTime can also work with web conferencing technology which can have the effect of strengthening the link – both psychologically and practically - between the employee working at home and their work base.
For more information on working from home, visit the FlexTime Time Club.
Benefits to the organisation
- Increase employee loyalty
- Manage employee attendance
- Reduce overtime costs, absenteeism and job turnover
- Increase employee motivation
- Reduce time required to manage shift swaps
For commercial organisations these benefits can lead to increased market share, improved customer retention, increased sales per customer; improved operational efficiency, decreased operational expenses and reduced costs of sales. Other efficiencies that can mean much can equally be gained for public sector organisations.
Benefits to the employee
- Empower employees
- Improve work/life balance
- Improve job control
- Improved health
- Reduced stress
VisionTime is integrated with
- Microsoft Office
- Gallagher Access Control
- JD Edwards
- Midland HR
- ASR HR
- Topaz HR