Time Terminals and Devices
VisionTime offers over 30 methods of clocking over a variety of time terminals and devices to capture attendance. These options range from biometrics and RFID readers on time recording and access control terminals, to PCs, tablets and mobile phones. VisionTime enables you to choose data capture methods to suit your organisation's workforce attendance needs. This can be right down to what's relevant for each user group, for instance those who are:
- Working at fixed locations
- Mobile workers
- Working from home
Time device options
- Time Terminals which are activated by:
- Biometrics such as hand, finger and face recognition
- Proximity Cards (RFID, MiFare), Bar code cards
- PIN numbers
With the versatile and popular Trax Time Terminal, employees can clock in/out using:
- Proximity cards (125Khz RFID, HID, Mifare, Legic), magnetic and IR barcode cards
- PIN numbers
A full display shows the employee's time balance at any time. Trax are LAN Terminals communicating over TCPIP not requiring separate wiring. Other versions include dial-up, GSM/GPRS and Wi-Fi.
SuperTrax offers all of the features of the Trax Terminal, but with the addition of having a touch screen which enables users to:
Job Time Location: By selecting buttons, the employee can record how much time is being spent on jobs and tasks. Further information on Job Time Location.
- Unlike a conventional touch screen the SuperTrax is a full time terminal. This means that while the functionality mentioned above can be accessed by touch, for clocking in or out, employees can use biometrics (fingerprint) or a variety of card types.
The HP3000 hand scanner provides the accuracy and convenience of biometric technology. There are no cards to create, administer, carry or lose. The HP3000 hand scanner verifies employee identities in less than one second, based on the unique size of their hands.
Because no one can clock-in or out for other employees, the system reduces time theft and improves payroll accuracy.
HP3000 also includes:
- Update at the clock
- Bell schedules enabling companies to program the day, time, and duration of a series of bells, eg end of a shift, lunch or break
- Door control providing the capability to unlock and monitor a door. Global time zones may be used to restrict employee access.
- Ability to connect multiple units at a single site
The terminal captures a three-dimensional image of the hand each time the employee punches. The hand's size and the shape are used to verify the identity with unparalleled accuracy. No fingerprints or palm prints are used. Green and red lights notify the employee of the status of each punch.
The ZK iFace has many uses as well as recording time in terms of security and health and safety. The iFace recognition terminal provides a more accurate recording of attendance in case of an emergency.
- No need for cards
- Hands free (useful for clean rooms or kitchens)
- Removes "buddy clocking" – each person must check-in themselves
- Useful as access control terminal at doorways and barriers
The ZK series offers excellent value and also some further clocking options:
- Proximity cards (125Khz RFID,HID, iClass, Mifare)
- Biometrics: fingerprint
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) terminals can be used for staff to clock-in and out. RFID is a non-contact wireless system that uses radio-frequency electromagnetic fields to transfer data from one item to another for the purposes of identification and tracking.
Trax Time terminal
- RFID reader (125Khz RFID, HID, Mifare, Legic)
- Magnetic and IR Barcode reader
- Biometric reading by fingerprint
- Real Time transfer of clockings from terminal to VisionTime software
A full display shows the employee’s time balance at any time. Trax Time are LAN Terminals communicating over TCPIP, so do not need separate wiring.
Other versions include dial-up, GSM/GPRS and Wi-Fi.
SuperTrax offers all of the features of the Trax Terminal, but with the addition of having a Touch Screen facility for multiple functionality for Business Absence and Job Timing.
Recording business and other absences in real-time. Employees can touch a button upon leaving on business and can select where they are going with expected time of return. The system then automatically calculates the business absence time based on certain rules. This programme can also be used for visits to the dentist, doctor or even cigarette breaks.
Job Time Location: By selecting buttons, the employee can record how much time is being spent on jobs and tasks. More information on VisionTime Job Time Location.
Employees can clock-in and out, request to take time off or to swap a shift/job share and record job times using their own PCs. This can all be done in conjunction with other clocking and electronic methods such as mobiles or PC tablets. PC Clocking is easy and fast to use.
Employees can tell the system where they are going and when they expect to return using a drop down box on the clocking screen.
This way the switchboard operator or manager knows where the employee has gone and the expected time of return.
Employees and managers can also view balances as well as how many hours are worked.
Using the same screen, it is possible for employees to clock-in and out of jobs and locations in real time. This function can be set on an individual basis or on a universal basis. Further information on VisionTime Job Time Location.
The VisionTime system uses touch screens including the Windows 8 platform.
Touch screens provide staff and supervisors with access to time and absence records by simply touching the screen. As all activity is in real time, data is available to supervisors and employees instantly. It is simple to use and there is no need to purchase plastic cards as access is via a PIN.
As well as providing clock-in and out functionality, the screen can display a lot more information:
- Call up reports showing clocking times and holiday records over selected periods
- Submit corrections and updates to time and absences
- View if and when updates have been authorised
- Authorisation of updates by supervisors
- Clock-in/out on business absence or onto jobs
- Confirm work location
- Flexi balance
- Number of hours worked
VisionTime Mobile allows employees to clock-in and out, request time off, record job and work location times using a mobile phone by accessing a clocking page on the phone. The action is then transferred immediately to VisionTime.
If used in conjunction with VisionTime Job Time Location, VisionTime Mobile allows managers at HQ to see if and where employees are working.
VisionTime Mobile is ideal for fieldworkers, sales staff, mobile workers and any staff on the move. It can be used in conjunction with other clocking systems such as PC or access control.