Time Terminals and Devices
30 different ways to clock in and out
The VisionTime system offers over 30 methods by which employees can clock in & out. These options range from Time terminals with Fingerprint and Proximity (RFID) card readers, to PCs, tablets, access control readers and mobile phones. VisionTime enables you to choose the best way of capturing time records that suit your organisation's needs. This can be right down to what's relevant for each user group, for instance those who are:
- Working at fixed locations - Mobile workers - Working from home
What Are The Various Way Employees Can Clock In and Out?
- At Time Terminals which are activated by:
- Biometrics such as fingerprint and hand readers
- Proximity Cards (RFID, MiFare), Bar code cards
- PIN numbers
Types of Time Terminals or Time Clocks
Apart from the way that Time Terminals "read" (e.g. the employees fingerprint or card etc) the other significant consideration is what functionality,if any, does each Time Terminal have. Broadly there are two types
- "Clocking Only" Time Terminals i.e. allowing employees simply to clock in and out with no further functions
- Functional Time Terminals - whereby there are addtional touch features for inputting and calling back data
"Clocking Only" Time Terminals:
With the versatile and popular X1 Time Terminal, employees can clock in/out using:
- Proximity cards (125Khz RFID, HID, Mifare, Legic), magnetic and IR barcode cards
- PIN numbers
A full display shows the employee's time balance at any time. The XI is a LAN Terminals communicating over TCPIP not requiring separate wiring while also offering Power Over Ethenet (POE), thereby not requiring separate power. Other versions include dial-up, GSM/GPRS and Wi-Fi.
"Functional" Time Terminals
The SuperGlass offers all of the features of the XI Terminal, but with the addition of having a touch screen which enables users to:
Record business and other absences. Employees can touch a button upon leaving, select where they are going with expected time of return. The system then automatically calculates the business absence time based on certain rules. This can also be used for visits to the dentist, doctor or even cigarette breaks.
Job Time Location: By selecting buttons, the employee can record how much time is being spent on jobs and tasks. Further information on Job Time Location.
- Unlike a conventional touch screen the SuperGlass is a full time terminal. This means that while the functionality mentioned above can be accessed by touch, for clocking in or out, employees can use biometrics (fingerprint) or a variety of card types.
- There are other functional Time Terminals in our range including the SuperTrax 10 which has all the above features but has a larger 10 inch screen or the SuperTrax 4 which provides physical rather than touch buttons for invoking functionality. Ask for more details.
Employees can clock-in and out, request to take time off or to swap a shift/job share and record job times using their own PCs. This can all be done in conjunction with other clocking and electronic methods such as mobiles or PC tablets. PC Clocking is easy and fast to use.
Employees can tell the system where they are going and when they expect to return using a drop down box on the clocking screen.
This way the switchboard operator or manager knows where the employee has gone and the expected time of return.
Employees and managers can also view balances as well as how many hours are worked.
Using the same screen, it is possible for employees to clock-in and out of jobs and locations in real time. This function can be set on an individual basis or on a universal basis. Further information on VisionTime Job Time Location.
Mobile Phone Clocking
VisionTime Mobile ( VT Mobile) allows employees to clock-in and out, request time off, record job times using a mobile phone by accessing a clocking page on the phone. The actions are then transferred immediately to VisionTime. In addition with VT Mobile GPS, the location of the employee when recording time is recorded and is accessible to Supervisors.
If used in conjunction with VisionTime Job Time Location, VT Mobile allows managers at HQ to see what jobs the employee is working on.
VisionTime Mobile is ideal for flexible workers, fieldworkers, sales staff, mobile workers and any staff on the move. It can be used in conjunction with other clocking options such as using PCs or Tablets.
The VisionTime system uses touch screens including the Windows 8 platform.
Touch screens provide staff and supervisors with access to time and absence records by simply touching the screen. As all activity is in real time, data is available to supervisors and employees instantly. It is simple to use and there is no need to purchase plastic cards as access is via a PIN.
As well as providing clock-in and out functionality, the screen can display a lot more information:
- Call up reports showing clocking times and holiday records over selected periods
- Submit corrections and updates to time and absences
- View if and when updates have been authorised
- Authorisation of updates by supervisors
- Clock-in/out on business absence or onto jobs
- Confirm work location
- Flexi balance
- Number of hours worked
The HP3000 hand scanner provides the accuracy and convenience of biometric technology. There are no cards to create, administer, carry or lose. The HP3000 hand scanner verifies employee identities in less than one second, based on the unique size of their hands.
Because no one can clock-in or out for other employees, the system reduces time theft and improves payroll accuracy.
HP3000 also includes:
- Update at the clock
- Bell schedules enabling companies to program the day, time, and duration of a series of bells, eg end of a shift, lunch or break
- Door control providing the capability to unlock and monitor a door. Global time zones may be used to restrict employee access.
- Ability to connect multiple units at a single site
The terminal captures a three-dimensional image of the hand each time the employee punches. The hand's size and the shape are used to verify the identity with unparalleled accuracy. No fingerprints or palm prints are used. Green and red lights notify the employee of the status of each punch.